Monday 15 February 2016

Valentine's Day 2016


I have never been a fan of PDA's (Public Displays of Affection) to be honest they have always made me feel a little uncomfortable. Valentine's Day has always been the biggest days for PDA's - facebook is rife with photos of Michael Kors watches, fancy meals and huge bouquets of flowers. However seeing as this was our first Valentine's Day as a married couple ( even saying that makes me feel old) we thought we would do something to mark the day- plus I love seeing how other people celebrate things (I'm a sucker of a themed item- whether it's a heart shaped chocolate or a Christmas tree shaped crumpet.)


So here's how we celebrated the little known holiday 'heart shaped everything day.'


Before heading to the gym I thought I'd better tackle breakfast, I was met with this super cute gnome mug and some cute heart shaped toast. Nom nom nom. I thought the gym would be empty, how wrong was I? it was rammed! It seemed like everyone had the same idea.



 After the gym I settled down to watch the last few episode of Scream Queen whilst Matt painted our kitchen( now that's true love) then I headed to Sainsbury's to pick up some treats for our dinner.


How cute is the flower display in Sainsbury's?!?





 After spending an hour or so perusing the shelves I left with my bags for life full of goodies.
I decided to cook scallops with bacon and rocket to start, followed by fillet streak, dauphinoise potatoes and stuffed mushrooms and finally melt in the middle chocolate pudding, strawberries and cream ice cream and fresh strawberries. (This is why I need to go to the gym more often!)



 
 
 
 
After polishing off our huge feast we exchanged pressies, Matt gave me some beautiful white roses, LUSH ? gift box (I seriously cannot wait to try Prince Charming Shower Cream) and some strawberries and cream Lindors (soo good!) I got Matt a love heart tin (full of love heart sweets) and a box of Krispy Kremes.  Then Matt glossed the kitchen skirting board while I watched Frist Dates: Valentines special and they say romance is dead!
 




 
 
How did you spend your Valentine's (Heart shaped everything) Day?
I would love to know!
Love Chlo XxX






SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© What Chlo Told | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig