Monday 22 February 2016

Is the Love me Beauty Box deal really worth it?


The good, the bad (the just ok) and the down right ugly.



I am a bit of a groupon junkie and just couldn't resist snapping up a deal to try the Love me Beauty Box, mine arrived today and here's the good, the bad and the ugly of this new beauty box.


THE GOOD
ok, lets start with the good. First who could resist this Groupon deal for 6 beauty boxes for only £28? that works out to under £5 a box.  Also you get credits which means you can choose exactly what does into your box- no more unwanted perfume samples!
There's quite a good range of items and products such as make up, nail varnish,  jewellery, hair treatments and body and skin treatments.


THE BAD
The credits don't stretch very far, in fact my 60 credits only allowed me to get three products! I plumped for an eye brow pencil, an eye balm primer and a clarifying clay mask all costing me 20 credits each, there were a few 10 credit items- but who wants a hair band?

THE JUST OK
The products were just ok. The Cailyn brow pencil is a perfect example of this boxes lacklustre performance, the colour was a great match and the brush very useful but without any setting agent or wax to offer control, my badly behaved brows were back to their unruly selves in no time at all.

The Cailyn eye primer did what it said on the tin, it held my eye shadow in place and eliminated creases, however the overall pale beigeyness (yes I did just make that word up) isn't very exciting.

 Malin + Goetz clarifying clay mask is an exfoliating clay mask which helps control shine and blemishes. I really liked this product however this sample size is rather on the small side.


THE UGLY
Picture the scene, you are patiently waiting for your new beauty box to arrive, when the postman finally delivers you rip open the envelope and excitedly open the lid only to find 3 measly little items rattling around in a big box. You would feel disappointed right? That's how I felt.  Love me beauty claims that each and every box is worth £45 plus, and while it may indeed be worth that it doesn't feel like it is worth that.
Also the postage and packaging always seems to bump up the price a bit.

AAAnd finally the free gift? Well it was a discount on a Hellofresh food box!

Lets hope I find next weeks Love Me Beauty Box more inspiring!

Do you subscribe to a beauty box? What did you get in your box this month?
I would love to know, love Chlo XxX
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© What Chlo Told | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig